Protect your customers' privacy on the internet with private registration!
As an accredited domain names registrar, NicProxy must comply with the WHOIS database requirements set forth by ICANN. The ICANN requires accredited domain name registrars to submit a listing to the WHOIS database each time a domain name is registered. The main purpose of this code is to provide Registered Name Holder information to public for some domain name actions - such as domain transfer, update contact details or other communication necessities. This online WHOIS listing will include your personal contact information, such as your email address and phone number - available to the public through a simple domain search.
However spammers can obtain your email and contact information and then use it for spamming purposes and redistribution to marketing firms. Your email address can stay on file with various spammers and marketing firms for years. In an effort to ensure that customers feel comfortable with the visibility of their personal information, NicProxy offers Domain Privacy Protection Service to hide for your WHOIS database listing.
NicProxy ID Protect provides you with a solution to your customers' privacy concerns by displaying alternate contact information in the public WHOIS database listing.
For the low cost, you can offer ID Protect value added service that your customers will appreciate.
- Alternate contact information will be used to keep personal information private.
- Reduces e-mail from spammers, guards against identity theft and deters unsolicited telemarketing calls and direct mail.
- Provides easy management with enable / disable option if you wish to transfer a domain name to another registrar or having the owner validated for an SSL certificate.
- Renew and make modifications to the domain name registrations, including legal name changes.
- Provides protection from "domain hijackers" or others who may attempt to authorize a transfer of your customer's domain registration.
Whois ID Protect Service is available through Web Interface and our XML API, so you can offer Private Registration on your Web site.